Sunday, October 23, 2005

Work to do

The title of this entry is the theme of my life since returning to college. I have put off the reading in Modern Art History for the week, and so today I have to get it done, as well as the summary/response that goes with it for the week.
After speaking to a good friend who has the same class, she recommended being more analytical, and is sending me a document that is a nice outline with how to write in a fashion that might be more acceptable to my hard-ass professor, whom I like and respect very much, but am finding it increasingly difficult to know exactly what it is she wants. Whatever it is, I am still trying.

I just want to get to a place where I am not in tears or completely destroyed after class on the drive home on Monday nights. I feel like I am a stupid person after her class, that going back to college at 40 was a mistake, because I am not quick enough to make the theoretical leaps she requires of me.

I am still mulling over if I am going to take to HS classes in the summer to try and catch me up a bit. School is so exhausting (but fun!) that I am already looking forward to my holiday break...perhaps it is because I wish I would have done better on my last big paper in Modern Art History, I got a B, but the amount of time spent and research I put in, I should have gotten an A. I just need to learn how to better in her class, be analytical and weigh everything. It is easier said than done, I wish I had more college level writing under my belt, so maybe I should take that Expository writing in the summer :)

No comments: