Saturday, December 17, 2005

Fall Semester is done!

Hard to believe that the semester is finally done, as I sit here in my bathrobe and tennis shoes at noon on a Saturday, with no pressing projects looming for the first time in 4 months, feels kinda funny but also damn good.
I was pretty well prepared, as all of my projects were completed last week. Last weekend was hours of study/note compiling for my Modern Art History final, which went pretty well and turned out to be easier than I thought it was going to be.
The trick to college is to NEVER, EVER get behind on your projects, reading or papers. I laugh because Claudia calls me Napoleon, because I am the queen of the pre-emptive strike on projects...better to be prepared for anything I say, and it has served me well so far, we shall see if the grades reflect the monumental amount of work and focus I have thrown at school.

Yesterday was a great final day. I picked Dana up at her house on Capitol Hill and we went down to the market and had Greek foods and a gingerbread latte at SBC for dessert. Met up with a bunch of the other Print 1 students from class and made our way to Kathleen's print studio on Western (Studio Blu) and had a fantastic talk from her husband, also an artist, Steven Hazel, I need to write some notes from his talk, I could have listened to this man all afternoon. We finished up with a critique back up at Cornish, then I grabbed my painting "Catherine" and Dana grabbed her sculpture and we were off.
I am happy with how the final painting project turned out, it was even sold in class right after it's critique to Desire, the lab tech. Quite thrilling and I am happy that she is going to a good home :)

Now I get to rest and think and read and putter. I have a hard time shutting of the art work, it's a natural compulsion which is indeed a good thing. I also got the chance to have a nice meeting with Amy Bingaman this week which was great, I am very much looking forward to her class this spring, but also a bit nervous as I hear the class is pretty hardcore...being taught critical visual arts theory by a Ph.D art historian, I would expect nothing less! Bring it on!

No comments: